Friday, July 21, 2006

FREE AJAX based Word Processor

For any of you waiting to do collaborative manuscripts online, because Google's newly acquired Writely has not been accepting new users for the last 4 months, there is an AJAX-based Word processor available now. Here's the original story via Digg:

"This seems to be what everyone thought Google was going to do, but someone else has now beaten them to it. AjaxWrite is just as it sounds a Ajax based Word clone. It seems to have the basic functions that I would need. But I can already tell it is not as functional as word. I like the ability to save as PDF, that's a nice touch."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you can just ask somebody for a Writely invite. Search for it on technorati, and you'll get one before you know it.

I have used both, and i likke Writely so much better.

11:44 PM

 
Blogger Ray said...

Thanks. I found someone to invite me by searching technorati.

Writely is as good as expected. I recommend it for others doing collaboration on a manuscript. Much better than email versions back and forth.

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home